E News 24.6.16
Sent on: Friday, 24 June 2016 at 11:12:51 AM
Pilbara Business Boot Camp, Wednesday 20th July
The KDCCI's Pilbara Business Bootcamp is back, by popular demand!
In 2015 more than 80 small to medium sixed businesses enlisted in the intense, one-day training exercise designed to teach them how to survive and thrive in today's tough economic environment.
The Pilbara Business Bootcamp will be held at the Karratha Leisureplex on Wednesday 20th July 2016 and will provide expert knowledge; skills and advice from some of the country's leading entrepreneurs and business specialists to help turn obstacles into opportunities.
Workshop presenters have been carefully choses to help SMEs tackle the biggest challenges and issues they face in the day-to-day running of their business.
Our program of hands-on, how-to workshops will teach local businesses how to increase profitability, productivity and efficiency maximising potential for growth, development and success.
There will also be an opportunity for recruits to secure personal, one-on-one training in the Pilbara Business Bootcamp Consultation Cafe.
To close all workshop presenters will take the stage to participate in an inspirational panel discussion Start Small, dream big! What it takes to achieve in business.
We look foward to welcoming you to the 2016 KDCCU Pilbara Business Bootcamp.
Click here to register
2016 KDCCI Business Excellence Awards - Nominations open soon!
Take part in the Event that celebrates the business and community organisations that make our region strong!
Award Submissions are open to ALL City of Karratha based businesses, both KDCCI Members and Non-Members alike.
10 top reasons to enter the KDCCI Business Excellence Awards:
- Incredible exposure for your business; winning awards is a marketer’s dream – the opportunities for promotion are huge.
- Winning, or becoming a finalist, building credibility for your business in your local community and industry and sets you apart from your competitors. Customers also like the assurance of buying from an award winning business.
- They are a great way to boost morale and bring your staff together, particularly if you involve everyone in sharing their knowledge to write a winning submission.
- Your submission is like a business plan, it is a perfect vehicle for you to analyse your performance over the past 12 months and identify areas of growth.
- Gathering information helps you to systemise your business and formally record what is often only in your head.
- It reaffirms why you started the business in the first place and helps you to rediscover what makes your business unique.
- The structure of an award submission gives you the tools to display financial information in easy to view graphs and tables which are perfect for ongoing business management.
- Asking questions like “what has your business done for the local community?” and “in what way is your business innovative?” provides you with great material for future PR campaigns
- The Prize! Aside from the accolades that come with winning, there can often be a significant prize which is obviously a bonus.
- Finally, once you have written one award submission you can tweak the same material to enter other award programs.
Nominations will open shortly - watch this space for further information!
The Business Centre Pilbara
The Business Centre Pilbara is seeking support from KDCCI Members in completing their Business Confidence Survey, to help them get an understanding of local small business needs.
Click here to do the Survey
Business Local - Business Plan Workshop
Business Local is proud to present a Business Planning Course.
FREE sessions to held at the Karratha Leisureplex on Dampier Highway. Limited to 10 spaces only each session.
For any queries contact Business Local
Phone: 1800 249 5622 or Email email@example.com
Click here to view the flyer
The Funding Network Australia, Social Investment Experience
Innovative live - Crowdfunding experience to be hosted by Karratha City on the 25th August - Applications to pitch now open!
Following in the footsteps of exciting live events around the world, from New York to Perth, The Funding Network (TFN) is bringing together the Karratha Community for its inaugural 'social investment experience' at the Karratha Leisureplex on the 25th August.
Supported by the City of Karratha, Rio Tinto, Karratha & Districts Chamber of Commerce & Industry, the Foundation of Regional & Rural Renewal, and other partners to be announced shortly.
Click here to watch a short video about how these events work.
Click here for further information
Onyx Events presents Ladies Day & Roebourne Cup Day!
Onyx Events proudly present VIP Marqueee for Ladies Day & Roebourne Cup Day at this year's Roebourne Races!
Great way to enjoy the Races in style!
Packages include Entry to the Races & Onyx VIP Marquee; gourmet finger food; and live entertainment.
Click here to view Packages for both days
The Mackerel Islands are thrilled to present you with an island dining experience you'll never forget!
They are inviting you to experience Fervor Australia Pop-Up Dining and the Mackerel Islands uniting in this special location showcasing delectable foods from the Pilbara Region.
Two dates are avaialble - Friday 15th July or Saturday 16th July.
Be quick! Seats are limited!
$399 per person including accommodation; dining; wines & beer accompanying dinner; buffet breakfast; and boat transfers!
Click here to view the flyer
Save the Dates!
- Wednesday 20th July - Pilbara Business Boot Camp. Tickets on sale shortly.
- Wednesday 10th August - Business Breakfast with Jonathan Pain. Karratha Leisureplex Main Function Room. Further details to follow.
KDCCI Advertised Advertising
Do you want to Advertise here?
Click here for Advertising Form
Contact Kim Davies with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Display order of adverts will be rotated weekly)
Velocity Motel, Village & Bistro
First National Real Estate
The Brey - Tambrey Centre
The Steak Shack
Homestead Catering & Functions - Cherratta Lodge