E News 13.7.17
Sent on: Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 2:45:39 PM
Pilbara Business Boot Camp - Thursday 27th July 2017
Tickets on sale now!
We have secured some fantastic speakers for this year's Event. An Event not to be missed!
Date: Thursday 27th July 2017
Time: 9:30am - 3:00pm (Parent & Pilbara Friendly!)
Venue: Karratha Leisureplex, Main Function Room
Open to KDCCI Members & Non-Members.
Click here for Event Program
Click here to Register
Business After Hours 19th July 2017
Please join us for our next Business After Hours
Co-hosted by Fiorita, KPMG and the West Australian Football Commission
This is an event that is sure to impress.
Where : The Quarter City Centre Park
When : Wednesday 19th July 2017
Time : 5.30pm to 7.30pm
RSVP for catering purposes to : email@example.com
Karratha Young Professionals TEDx Talk
Join KYP for a special evening with stories from two inspiring leaders who have overcome the adversities of living in Regional Western Australia: Brendon Grylls & John Van Bockxmeer
Where : Gecko's Bar, Karratha International Hotel
When : Thursday 20th July 2017
Time : 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Click here for more details
Business Excellence Awards NOW OPEN!
Nominations for the 2017 Business Excellence Awards are now open!
The Annual Karratha and Districts Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KDCCI) Business Excellence Awards celebrates the achievements, innovation and enterprising spirit of small to medium sized businesses across the City of Karratha.
Businesses do not need to be Members of the KDCCI to enter, and may nominate for two (2) Awards only, as long as the specific criteria is met.
The Awards offer a unique chance for local businesses to have their hard work, commitment and of course successes recognised!
While the Awards aim to highlight success in business, it is also a fantastic opportunity for participating organisations to review their market place performance and to identify future goals and objectives.
Important details to remember:
- Download & Read the "Nominations & Submissions Application Guidelines" BEFORE you start your submission.
- Check out the Award Categories and Eligibility Criteria to ensure your business is eligible.
- Your Submission is entered online - once you start you need to complete. You cannot save half way through.
- Start your Submission as a "WORD" document. This way you can keep reviewing and modifying until your 100% happy.
- Have an independent party review your Submission and seek feedback before submitting.
- Once you're happy with your Submission, copy & paste from your WORD document direct to the online Submission.
- Question 1c) - "Provide an overview of the financial performance of your business over the past 12 months and how this compares to previous years." The KDCCI do not want to see actual figures $$$. This answer is best provided in a graph or chart format. DONT FORGET to attach the graph otherwise you lose points at this question!
- Your Business Excellence Awards Submission is like an Exam or submitting a Tender Document. Once submitted and saved, you cannot change!
If you have any queries at all please feel free to contact Carla or Kim.
Phone: (08) 9144 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the "Nominations & Submissions Application Guidelines"
Click here to nominate for the following categories:
- Best Home Based Business
- Best Aboriginal Business
- Best New / Start Up Business
- Best Micro Business (0 - 4 Employees)
- Best Business (5 - 10 Employees)
- Best Business (11 - 20 Employees)
- Best Business (20+ Employees)
- Best Business Customer Service (New this year)
- Best Community Organisation / Engagement
Click here to nominate for the Tourism Award (New this year)
Click here to nominate for the Hospitality Award (New this year)
Click here to nominate for Young Business Achiever OR Employee of the Year
The New Pilbara 2 Economic Development Conference, Tuesday 29th August 2017
The Pilbara Regional Chambers of Commerce will again be hosting the Pilbara Economic Development Conference, on Tuesday August 29, 2017 in Perth. The 2017 New Pilbara Economic Development Conference builds on the success of the inaugural conference held in 2016 attracting almost 400 delegates.
Aptly themed “The New Pilbara”, the conference will attract key community and business stakeholders to engage in a timely discussion about the diversification of the Pilbara’s economic base and highlight emerging industries that have the potential to drive sustained economic growth across the Pilbara region.
Click here to Register
Click here to visit the Website
Rio Tinto’s New Procurement Initiative
A great and exciting opportunity for local business to engage and learn how to become part of the Rio Tinto supply chain.
Rio Tinto will be holding upcoming local procurement workshops in Dampier, Tom Price and Perth.
We encourage you all to head along to understand how their new local procurement program is aimed at benefiting local businesses.
The local procurement workshops are an integral component to the programme and will provide existing and prospective suppliers with further information on our procurement plan and how they can be involved.
With presentations from Rio Tinto senior leaders from the Iron Ore business, along with our major suppliers, the events will demonstrate how the programme will make it easier for local suppliers to compete for contracts, maximise their opportunities with Rio Tinto as well as provide more information on how our new local procurement portal will work including the EOI process. There will also be a Q&A session
Dampier - 19th July 2017 9am - 12pm Dampier Community Hall
Dampier - 19th July 2017 2pm - 5pm Dampier Community Hall
Tom Price - 26th July 2017 1pm - 4pm Clem Thompson Memorial Pavilion
Perth - 28th July 2017 9am - 12pm Perth Convention Centre
If you wish to engage with Rio Tinto or their major contractors you will not want to miss this.
For more information and to register please go to :
Save the Dates
- Wednesday 19th July 2017: Business After Hours, Co-Hosted by Blanche Bar; Fiorita Deli; and KPMG. Space next to The Quarter, Sharpe Avenue Karratha.
- Thursday 27th July 2017: Pilbara Business Boot Camp. Main Function Room, Karratha Leisureplex.
- Wednesday 23rd August 2017: Business After Hours, Host by Yara Pilbara. Main Function Room, Karratha Leisureplex.
- Tuesday 29th August 2017: The New Pilbara 2 Economic Development Conference. Hyatt Regency Perth.
- Saturday 9th September: 2017 Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner
KDCCI Advertised Advertising
Do you want to Advertise within E News?
Click here for Advertising Form
Contact Kim Davies with any queries: email@example.com
(Display order of adverts will be rotated weekly)
Pure Star Cleaning
RSM Australia - Business Local
The Brey - Tambrey Centre
The Steak Shack
First National Real Estate
AAS Accounts & Admin Services
North West Bin Cleaning