E News 9.3.18
Sent on: Friday, 9 March 2018 at 11:45:48 AM
BUSINESS TIME WITH KDCCI CEO KYLAH MORRISON
Grab your diary, open up your calendar and have your mobile handy.
Event season is almost upon us! We have some excellent information, networking and training on its way.
Yesterday we celebrated International Women’s Day in style at The Business Centre Pilbara’s luncheon with Magda Szubanski. I backed it up with the Soroptimists International High Tea where three inspiring local women shared their unique stories. I just love the strong sense of community in the Pilbara.
Recent announcements to support regional growth are a fantastic commitment from both the State and Commonwealth governments:
- ‘Think Big’ Regional Australia – Regional Growth Fund focused on projects over $20million
Click here to view
- New Industries Fund to drive innovation, diversification and job creation across regional WA
Click here to view
- Discussion Paper of Implementation of Regional Study Hubs Initiative
Click here to view
If you have an infrastructure or new industry initiative get in touch or head along to the information session PwC are running next Wednesday 14th March.
More great discussions have been had with Rio Tinto, Woodside, Yara and other majors on the local procurement front. With their commitment we’re launching the KDCCI Suppliers & Contractors Round Table with the first meeting scheduled for Wednesday 21st March.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
We’ve also started planning our annual Pilbara Business Bootcamp so hit us with your best speaker recommendations or fill out the survey that will land in your inbox early next week.
Looking forward to seeing many of your at the Business Breakfast on Tuesday morning.
As always, stay in touch email@example.com
Expression of Interest - KDCCI Social Media Management
The KDCCI is seeking expressions of interest from local companies to quote for the management of their social media.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Regular and timely posts about KDCCI activities and other relevant issues
- Effective integration across the suite of platforms being used and the KDCCI website
- Implementing a comprehensive social media strategy in conjunction with KDCCI staff
- Identifying best practice and opportunities to maximise outcomes from social media activity
- Maintaining ethical and authentic communication standards in accordance with the KDCCI’s objectives and policies
- Monitoring social media analytics and providing activity and outcome reports to the KDCCI
Email for more info or send quotes direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Price Waterhouse Coopers information session - Key sources of Commonwealth Support available for Regional Businesses
The Karratha Districts Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KDCCI) will host Keith Anthonisz, Emily Jeffrey and Brian O'Meara from Price Waterhouse Coopers to provide a short presentation on some key sources of Commonwealth support available for regional businesses to support multi-beneficiary infrastructure projects, such as the:
• Building Better Regions Fund;
• Regional Development Fund;
• The Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility; and
• The CRC-P programme.
Some Federal innovation related programs will also be covered.
There will also be an opportunity for informal networking and refreshments after the event.
Date: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Venue: KDCCI CoWorking Space Office, Shop 13, 5-15 Sharpe Avenue Karratha Village
City of Karratha & KDCCI Business Briefing Breakfast, Tuesday 13th March 2018
Attendees MUST be registered to attend and only two (2) representatives per organisation.
Click here to Register
Hints to registering: Click on "Begin Registration Process" and enter your own details. Then you add the delegates / guests attending. (If you're attending yourself, add you name again.)
Business After Hours Wednesday 21st March, Host by Horizon Power
Office of Multicultural Interests' Community Grants Progam is now open
The April 2018 funding round of the Office of Multicultural Interests’ Community Grants Program (CGP) is now open.
The program provides funding to empower culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities in Western Australia to design, deliver and partner on projects that address their needs.
Applications are now being accepted for the following grants categories:
- Festivals (grants up to $5000): for festivals held between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Community Capacity Building (grants up to $5000):for activities commencing between 1 July and 31 December 2018
- Strategic Projects (grants up to $30,000): for projects commencing between 1 July and 31 December 2018.
Applications from CaLD community groups and associations will be prioritised for funding across all grant categories.
Applications must be received by the Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI) by 4.00pm Friday 13 April 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Click here for more information, including funding guidelines & application forms
Unleash your Inner CEO
Presented by The Inspired Mark
The Inspired Year is a four-part program designed to give you the clarity, direction and inspiration you need to unleash your inner CEO and make 2018 your best biz-year yet.
Session Times & Dates:
Group 1: 9:30am - 12:30pm Friday 9th, 16th & 23rd March, 9.30am-2.30pm 6 April
Group 2: 2pm - 5pm Saturday 10th, 17th & 24th March, 12pm - 5pm 7 April
Click here to register or contact email@example.com for more information
KDCCI Coworking Space Special offer!
Contact Carla or Kim on 91441999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Mother's Day Classic Sponsorship
Cougars Netball Club are looking for local businesses who would lilke to sponsor their Mother's Day Classic 2018 "Cougars Run for Kels".
Kelsey is a devoted mother of two and an amazing Cougars netball player. She has played for the club for the last two years, was division 2 runner up 2016, Division 2 premiership winner 2017 and Karratha Netball Association division 2 Most Valuable Player 2017. Unfortunately, Kelsey was diagnosed with Breast Cancer late last year and she has had to move to Perth to undergo treatment.
If you or your business can assist the Cougars Netball Club please contact Jenna Giles on email@example.com or phone : 0408084689
Click here for more information on the Mother's Day Classic
Save the dates!
- Tuesday 13th March: City of Karratha & KDCCI Business Briefing Breakfast. Karratha Leisureplex, Main Function Room. Tickets available now!
- Wednesday 21st March: Business After Hours Hosted by Horizon Power. Venue to be advised shortly!
- Thursday 3rd May - Careers Expo 2018
KDCCI Advertised Advertising
Do you want to Advertise within E News?
Click here for Advertising Form and Pricing information
Contact Kim or Carla with any queries. Phone: 9144 1999
(Display order of adverts will be rotated weekly)
Pure Star Cleaning
First National Real Estate Karratha
RSM Australia - Business Local