Sent on: Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at 10:16:57 AM
FAREWELL TO THE KDCCI
Well today is the last day of my employment at the KDCCI.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Events Coordinator role, and being part of the A Team - John, Carla & myself.
I would sincerely like to thank all KDCCI Members & Sponsors for their generous support over the years.
Over the past 4 years I have enjoyed managing & producing great Events for our Members, including:
- Career Central
- Pilbara Business Boot Camps
- City of Karratha & KDCCI Business Briefing Breakfasts
- KDCCI Business Excellence Awards & Gala Awards Dinner
- Monthly KDCCI Business After Hours
- Lead & Adapt Workshops
Events that I brought to the City of Karratha that were unique included:
- 2015 Melbourne Cup Tour: Having the actual Melbourne Cup that was being presented to the winning owners in 2015 at the Business Excellence Awards Gala Awards Night was a huge highlight. Melbourne Cup Winning Jockey Wayne Harris was on hand to provide an overview of his great success of riding Jeune to victory in 1994, along with how he overcame such defining moments in his career due to severe injuries.
- 2017 Channel 7 Sunrise Visit: Channel 7 Sunrise visited Karratha on the 15th December 2017, with presenter Sam Mac broadcasting live the weather from the temporary event space at The Quarter. What a great morning - could not believe how many residents were on hand at 2:30am in the morning to meet & greet the team! Karratha also had the largest ever live audience for a broadcast! This provided us with a unique way of showing to Australian viewers that there was so much more than just mining within our region.
I will be staying in Karratha, and will be looking to contribute my experience, skills and expertise to another organisation. I'll be contactable on the mobile number: 0419 838 237
The City of Karratha is great place to do business; work; live & play! Our region has so much to offer.
Remember to regularly check the Western Australian Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) website for information regarding significant projects.
There are currently 246 projects listed in relation to the Pilbara Region.
Click here to view the projects on the Website
Another friendly reminder is to ensure that you check out the Tender portals. They will assist your business to find new tenders and to save time and resources in the process.
Click on the links for further details:
City of Karratha Tenders: This portal to advertise tenders, quotes, EOI and other purchasing requirements to the market and to manage the procurement process through to contract award stage. Registration is free.
Tenderlink: Offering services to buyers and suppliers, TenderLink is a central gateway for the advertisement and management of tenders, quotes and EOIs published by over 560 of Australasia’s leading government, public and private sector procurers.
Bid Contender: Once you've registered with BidContender, you can access Open Tenders, tender documentation, send RFIs and provide quotes, all at no cost.
Project Connect: Provides project developers and their engineers with their own unique categorised electronic library of suppliers. Also an innovative and easy to use tool to communicate supply opportunities to industry.
Tenders WA: This website contains a range of functions to make the tendering process for WA Government contracts transparent and efficient. It is the central source of information on Western Australian public sector requests and awarded contracts.
Austender (Government Tenders): Provides centralised publication of Australian Government business opportunities, annual procurement plans, multi-use lists and contracts awarded.
Au revoir for now!